Tuesday 28 July 2009

Tuesday musings

Hello dear readers,

well I have not posted in about a week because I have been busy doing overtime at the bookshop and sulking in a corner about my LPC results. I think I'm entitled a bit of a sulk and now the moment has passed, I am semi-fine. I had one exam result outstanding: my Conduct exam. Not exactly rocket science but as you probably would have seen from an earlier post, things didn't go well on the day. I wasn't expecting to pass with flying colours but to fail by 5 marks has really IRKED me. I'm already a YEAR late so what's a few more months I guess. UGH...

Last Thursday, I went to see Bruno at the Cineworld in Trocadero with my sister-friend who I've known since uni (but feels like forever). The film is funny in parts but its disgusting elements outweigh the comedy for me. I much preferred Borat as it was new and different. Bruno seemed very much similar in plot and structure. Disgraced foreign TV personality seeks new life in America, accompanied by trusty sidekick who he later falls out with AND is reunited with. Nonetheless, it was nice to catch up with T and have a laugh. She is also an LPC student and just got awarded a Distinction! Woot!

Later in the day, I went to S's Birthday food and drinkies which was full of fun and giggles.

Now I really need to get back into the applying and rejections NOW with added revision. What fun!

CBC

xx

4 comments:

AW said...

Darling CBC,

I'm absolutely flabbergasted (not sure if spelt correctly but you get the picture). Big huge SUPER-SIZED hugs.

xx

Minx said...

My Dear CBC!

*Hugs* I am very sorry to hear of the hiccup with respect to professional conduct, but I am absolutely positive that you will triumph!!! Conduct is one of those odd thingies where you never quite know where you stand -consequently its quite hard to judge and reading and re reading the rules makes the head spin and often makes one terrified to act( I spent my ENTIRE BVC bieng completely PARANOID on that front!!), but now that you know where you have gone a bit awry, so to speak, I am absolutely POSITIVE that you will sail through!!

Fingers crossed with respect to your applications!! :)

cmckei said...

CBC,

must be such a disappointment *hugs* conduct has always been one of those nasty little buggers. But I'm confident you'll sail through it next time round.

Know the feeling w/ regards applications, they have my head turned at the moment. Keep at it and good luck.

x

The Curious Black Cat said...

Thanks AW! Hugs back at you. I'm over it now...was more upset at the time.

Minx, I'm becoming a bit of an exam veteran so I do hope that the THIRD time will be lucky...

ttt, thank you. It lures you into a false sense of security with its seemingly commonsensical questions. Good luck with your applications!