Sunday 20 January 2008

The Beginning





Seeing as this is my first entry and I'm relatively new to the blogging scene, I really haven't a clue what to write. Maybe I should just set the scene a bit; as in the purpose of my starting up this blog. Well, I'm quite an observant person. I like to watch the world go by and the people in it. It's funny how little we can actually see when we are caught up in the daily rat race that is life, so much so that we miss the little things. I like to write about random things...my way of getting down the swarm of thoughts in my head. I appreciate a lot of what I write may be non sequitur and seem a little disjointed but doesn't that just make it more interesting?

I should probably add that I'm a 21 year old female, single (newly but not bitterly I hasten to add!) and have a great love of all that is
feline, domesticated or otherwise - hence the name!

so onto the blogging!
----------------------------------------
I'm curious about many things, the dating game being one of them. One of my not-so-new found interests. Oh yes. Men. Guys. Dudes or whatever you call them in whatever part of the world you are from. They are very curious creatures aren't they? I'm sure if I could decipher them, even a fraction of a percent, I'd be a very rich woman!

As I write this, I'd just recently had my heart trashed.. I shall not mention his name. I will call him
LEO. I will spare him the embarrassment of having his private life blogged about despite the fact that he too is an avid blogger (although I am currently unaware of his alias!). I don't know what I'd dare call what we had really. It wasn't a 'relationship' as such; merely a few dates and a bit of "Ooo, err... Missus" . Ha ha, no funny business (yet) but after several frogs at 21 I did think he was somewhat special. He'd have had to have been really to have looked at me twice...well I jest but for illustrative purposes. However, my new found happiness was soon to be dashed when things were called off. How strange! Not the fact that things were called off because I know only too well that happiness comes and goes but it was the really BAD excuse he used for this. I'm a firm believer that up -front honesty is better than a bad excuse! Sheesh. So why months later am I, the Curious Black Cat, still talking about him? He's moved on tres quick so why can't I?!

And so that's what I'm curious about this blessed Sunday: How is it that men are able to move on so much quicker than women? Or is this just a gross generalisation?

As much as I am retraining my brain that I'm over this, I'm not sure that it's listening to me. Like a stubborn stain that refuses to budge no matter how much elbow grease you put into it. As a result I have made a new friend in chocolate. Yes chocolate. Why ever not? My ever- expanding waistline would object but hey...

A bit of chocolate each day keeps the sadness at bay I say...

CBC

No comments: