Friday 27 March 2009

CBC is back in court!

Okay so maybe the title has made this out to be more exciting than it really is but yesterday was my first clerking assignment to the RCJ in quite a while. I had forgotten how much waiting around was involved in the judicial system. Wowser! Obviously I can't go into the details of the matter I was attending court for but thankfully it was a family matter, so as to get my legal brain back into gear.

Upon leaving the RCJ, there was in excess of 100 Oriental people waiting to get into the court and about another 50 or so in the lobby/ entrance hall. Needless to say, one black girl going against the tide of people armed with a suitcase and agitated client closely behind does not a party make! There also appeared to be some form of protest taking place outside. Maybe I'm just ignorant but I have no idea what that was about and there was no report on the news as far as I am aware so I guess I'll never know. Didn't really want to hang around as there were news crews aboot the joint.

Curious...

Hmph, anyway, I am just about to head out of the house for some much needed and deserved [if I say so myself] frivolities.

Till next entry

CBC

xx

p.s. Don't you just love it when the judge doesn't show up for court? Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And how does the judge feel when YOU don't show up? But I'm sure that never happens.

The Curious Black Cat said...

WELL, I think it highly unlikely that the judge would even notice. It would mean less time for him (or her) to have to 'judge'that matter and in the endless 'conveyor belt' of cases.