Wednesday 17 June 2009

Half-wits, Dog-faces and Digital Britain

I'm sorry www. Of late I have not quite been my curious self. But I'm slowly coming back. I promise...especially as there are so many interesting things going on in the world to blog about. As I type, I'm nursing a headache. One of those dull thudding headaches you get when you're thinking about whether you will get a training contract, book deal or lottery win or even a response to a job application or whether a hypothetical 'he' will call.. Yah. Those headaches...

Today I did indulge in some much (not) needed retail therapy as I really needed to get out of the house. This relentless rejection a la job applications is very hard going. I'm not giving up but at the same time, every 'Thank you for your time but sod off' email is disheartening. So that's why I've been a little AWOL www.

Big Brother. Why do I watch it? Every year without fail, I vow never to watch it and then on launch night I get sucked into watching these frankly, odd attention-seeking fame hungry nutters and can't stop. That's it. Summer's ruined. Hah. But seriously, what is the deal with the Halfwit and Dogface saga? I seem to have missed the part where Freddie and Sophie changed their names via deed poll...Hmm. And poor Shree. Shree Shree Shree. Unrequited love sucks eggs pal. I nearly gagged on last night or Monday night's highlight show where Shree put uncooked bacon into bread smeared with what looked like jam (it was probably ketchup) and served this up ceremoniously to his fellow housemates. Bless him. It has to be cooked dear...especially with the current SWINE FLU pandemic. I found that worryingly amusing. The uncooked bacon that is.

Another story (one of MANY) which interested me yesterday was the Digital Britain Report 'hoo-ha'. Might be good news for those who cannot afford broadband, which with the number of telesales people calling me on a nightly basis to change my 'providings to a better and cheaper service of providings than my current providings' is surprising. But also it will be a good thing to help stamp out illegal downloading and other such illegal activity. Broadband for everyone! You can read the report in its entirety, should you so wish here.

Now, finally Mr Speaker or Michael Martin is leaving the House...not out of choice of course. However, this has not stopped the tributes from MPs pouring in and The Guardian online's Political Blog has given an almost blow-by-blow commentary of the goings on today. Tissues anyone? (No Freudians or puns intended)

What a pretty kitty (in my new oversized geeky sunglasses)

CBC

xx

2 comments:

Minx said...

Hiya CBC

*Offers 4Head for Kitty Headache* (its FAB stuff, really soothing and cooling, gets rid of my headaches without paracetamol)

I am sad to see that you have had some job rejections - but keep going! persitence is the name of this game after all, and I know that you will get to where you want to be eventually. In the meantime, shopping chocolate and pudding wine are most excellent alternative therapies!

Big BROTHER?!?!?! EEEEEEEEE!!! * Flees, Screaming into the sunset*

The Curious Black Cat said...

Thanks Minx! I am very grateful for the 4Head. So it works then?

Yes, the sad thing is that I'm getting 'used' to the rejections now. As used to rejection as one can get. I am trying to keep the persistence up and badgering firms into employing me! Well...not quite badgering.

The shopping, chocolate (and pudding wine eventually) are the problem; the GBH (as YOU say) on my bank balance!

Yes, Big Brother is my dirrrty little secret.

*purr*