Sunday 21 June 2009

Ooo, you are awful...but I like you

Good evening www. I'm sat in front of my laptop nursing sore feet after a long (ish) day at work and I just couldn't help but feel happy. Despite the fact that I am tired and can barely walk (seriously, I'm walking around my flat as though I'm walking on hot coals; my feet ache that much) I had to come into my blog to post and exclaim at how much I love my job sometimes. Yes, there are slightly over-enthusiastic customers who get a little emotional and rude about finding their books. On the whole though, the satisfaction they (and I) get from locating their book is amazing. Hyperbole? Perhaps. Yesterday a customer came into the shop looking for a phrasebook for her friend who was travelling to Europe and after having another colleague search for the book and then myself, I was near to telling the customer to try WHSmith (shock, horror!). Suddenly, as if by some sweet magic the book materialised right in front of us. Both myself and the customer shouted "Yay!" and started 'seal-clapping' and then giggled at how excited we got after locating the book. These moments www, are priceless...

On another note, I purchased (yet another book, I know) a book on Digital Photography today after spending my weekend in the basement; now it is affectionately known as the 'dungeon of knowledge'. So now after I get a few practice runs, taking photos of everything that can be photographed, I shall include some of my better photos in this blog. One photo which I particularly like is one I took earlier in the year from the 5th floor of a solicitor's firm I used to work in (It's the photo accompanying this post). It feels like a moody and mysterious photo and I feel particularly lucky to have captured one of the many beautiful sunsets in London. I can't wait to get papping!

I also got a book on Rumi after reading one of Daisy Goodwin's many collections of poems which referred to his poetry. I have yet to start it but can't wait. Currently, I am reading 'Out' by Natsuo Kirino after reading 'Grotesque' by the same author and it is truly gruesome...just the way I like it! I'm also reading 'I am a Cat' by Natsume Soseki and although very funny and insightful, it is very hard to follow at times and I am not sure whether this is because the book was translated from the Japanese. Regardless, I am determined to soldier through it!

Finally, I was shocked to read that the stig has been revealed (yet again?). According to the article, the stig was none other than...Michael Schumacher! Nooo! I think I liked Top Gear more when I didn't know who was under the helmet...but it does add a certaine 'je ne sais quoi' to things now!

Pfft, well I better get back under my duvet now.

Toodle pip.

CBC

xx

p.s. I love semi colons...

3 comments:

AW said...

THE STIG IS MICHAEL SCHUMACHER... OMG!

Minx said...

My Dear CBC,

With respect to the aching feet and the succession of complete mongs one has to deal with in the name of profesional customer care, you have my most profound and sincere SYMPATHY, having experienced similar situations to yourself. ( as in : "NURRRRRRRRRSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Can you kindly STOP giving CPR to that PATIENT and find a vase for my Mum's FLOWERS????!! EEEEEEE!!!!!)

What a lovely photo of a London Sunset! When I worked as a midwife at Kings, delivery suite offered the most amazing skyline vistas, all shot through with orange pink and purples at the close of the day. In this respect Summer in the City was wonderful!

Michael Schumacher is the STIG?!?!?!?

*Faints*.

The Curious Black Cat said...

AW: So the papers say...if one can believe what the papers say! Hah.

Minx: that is shocking! Vase over CPR? Wonders never cease...haha.

You were a midwife?! Woweee!!

That shot was one of many beautiful sunsets I've seen from that window. It was just fortunate that I had my camera with me...

*gets out the smelling salts*