Thursday 2 July 2009

Ding dong merrily on high....t'is the month of Ju-ly

Happy July www. I've been away for a little while 'living it up' in the sun but now that I have been charged with several counts of GBH on my bank account I am holed up in my hot and humid bedroom without a window, drooling over items in the asos sale.

I'm not one to moan (much) and I love the sunshine, just not when it continuously causes sweat moustaches which one has to wipe away every other minute of two whilst holding one's nose to protect oneself from the lovely London commuters who forget that deodorant exists. (I have to stress that the majority are aware of soap, water and deodorant but the select few who do not are the culprits) That said, I love the summer; cold watermelon juice running down your arms while you sink your face into a slice. Sunglasses and flip flops slap-slapping against your soles. Long summer nights. Butterflies. Cool showers. Makeshift fans with bits of cardboard.
*sigh*

Last Friday, I attended the Wimbledon championships with my friend Politics Girl and what an experience that was. It was one of the most unbelievably amazing days. For starters to get grounds access resulted in this mammoth queue,










for approximately 7 hours or so. What a queue that was. That said though, it was a fun wait with so much going on around us and so many funny characters, like this guy who decided to give his friend a back massage.









Also, we met a greyhound rescued and homed by Wimbledon Greyhound Welfare and I managed to get an amazing close-up of him yawning! (Edit: I removed the photo for technical reasons)










All in all www, it was an amazing day. Here are a few other shots from the day.



















Stay safe in the sun!

CBC
xx

6 comments:

Michael said...

Loved the 'sweat moustaches' quip there CBC.

Hope you enjoyed the tennis. I always find women's tennis entertaining - if only for the 'lady noises' during play. ;-)

Anonymous said...

CBC.... Excellent pics from Wimblebore! I enjoy parodying Wimbledon... pretty harmless, really :-)

Good pics!

cmckei said...

nice pics. glad you see you have been getting your camera out :)

The Curious Black Cat said...

Michael, I have recently discovered these sweat moustaches in London and I grew up in the Caribbean! Oooo the lady noises were great and even funnier live...

Thanks Charon, I don't know why they came out so small when I uploaded them on here though. There were a few others which I had to delete as I entered them into the Times Photo Competition on impulse! Good 'Wimblebore' parody I must say...had me sniggering here and there. Did you know that 'Henman Hill' is now being rechristened 'Murray Mount'?

Ttt, thanks a lot! I'm getting more and more into photography with every photo I take.

Minx said...

Wimblebum!! What LARKS!! Judging by the photos, you seem to have had a wonderful time, CBC! I went once and had great good fun! I'd love to go again but it now all seems like such a hassle! Having said this I am green with envy!!

AW said...

Ah yes, the smelly commuters... I have to be subjected to their stinkiness on a daily basis AND I have a habit of ending up with the worst possible seats. Yuck, yuck and yuck.

Love the pictures!