Tuesday 8 September 2009

The fat lady has begun her sweet song...

So today was my Professional Conduct Exam blogwatchers. 1 and a half hours of sheer brain busting Conduct and Financial Services related trivia. I'm glad it's over now. I know it is probably minor in the grand scheme of LPC things but it's the one exam in which things could either be hit or miss. So that's that...the examinations are over BUT the game is only just beginning. Now it's just a question of waiting for the results.

However, a most ironic thing occurred after said exam. I was having a 'thank goodness that exam is over' catch up drink with my old pal from university and after drinks on the way to the Tube station, my friend was having a quick cigarette and absent-mindedly dropped her butt on the ground.

*Cue jaws music *

Just her luck...the enviro squad and police were standing behind us and landed her with an on-the-spot fine of £50! Eeek! Poor thing...that's going to hurt her in the pocket department. The crazy thing is that she had been smoking earlier on in the day and had done the same thing but there was no one there to bust her. Damn and blast!

As law students and potential lawyers, we really really should know better!

Stay out of trouble kids...

CBC

xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah professional conduct. A subject so obscure on the BVC it is examened by "descreet" points hidden in other subjects, rather than and exam (poor you).

Having said that, I am still unclear as to what it actually is despite getting 100% in the subject. However given that I have yet to meet somone from my Bar school who didn't get 100% in the subject, and none of us can work ot what the "descreet" points are, i am not convinced I was actally examined in it!!!

I AM SURE YOU DID BRILLIANTLY THOUGH!!!

Minx said...

My Dear Kitty,

I sincerely hope that all went well for you - better than well, in fact, such that you have triumphed!
As Ginge points out Conduct is a discrete assessment on the BVC for which I, too got 100%, though I will never for the life of me understand HOW, because my provider didnt give feedback. As painful as it may seem then, perhaps an exam in the issue clarifies and sharpens the mind, rather than seeing you blunder along( as I did)in a rather paranoid fashion,wondering constantly whether I was doing the right, or wrong thing.

Gawd, your poor friend - talk about the thought police!! Dont these people have anything better to do - like catch fly tippers and criminals, for example?? A bit of a row and making her pick up the butt would have been sufficient, may haps but nooooooo! this government has to wring every last drop of wonga out of all of us!!

The Curious Black Cat said...

HEH! Well Ginge, Conduct is assessed in a very different way on the LPC. As well as having a 'discreet' exam within our core modules with point being awarded here and there for spotting issues, we also have a free-standing exam testing us on the Solicitors' Code of Conduct and rules regarding financial services...FSMA...blah...

So...I really have to pass!!


Minx,

I know...Let's just say that prior to my friend being handed out the telling off, she had just been telling me that she was a little broke and was trying to make the money she had stretch till next pay day...

Sod's law! Poor thing...

The stupid thing was that she could have well picked up the butt and there wouldn't have been an issue but the officer would have none of it!