Wednesday 9 September 2009

Spotted Richard?

Inspired by the Wright Stuff, one of my sources of early morning post inspiration, I am a little surprised to hear that the name of the famous 'Spotted Dick' dessert/pudding has been changed to 'Spotted Richard' to spare the blushes of waiting staff in the canteen of Flintshire County Council, North Wales.

A spokesman said,

"This was not a policy decision. Canteen staff simply acted as they thought best to put an end to unwelcome and childish comments - albeit from a very small number of customers."

Yawn! Grin and bear it...how old are they? 12? I understand that this may have made some more reserved conservative members of staff feel uncomfortable but then again why not see the funny side? Seems PC and prudishness are going absolutely bonkers!

Take a joke...albeit a slightly rude one! Have these people never watched a 'Carry On' film?

You can read the story here

CBC

xx

3 comments:

Barmaid said...

I just knew that it would be a council that came up with that idea.

Reminds me of a time when I did some work for youth justice and we were told not to use the phrase 'brain storm', instead we had to say 'word shower'.

white rabbit said...

Oooh!!! Matron!!!

As the late Kenneth Williams would have said.

I think I steal this.

The Curious Black Cat said...

Barmaid...word shower? That is so far beyond ridiculous I can't even think of a word to describe it!

White Rabbit, I think you do ;)