Thursday 4 February 2010

Cakes and Mistakes

Hello Readers!

I trust that you are all well, whatever part of the world you are in...

I'm having a quiet, stay-at-home day today where I don't plan on leaving the house and probably not my bedroom either. I feel a little withdrawn and unsociable today so I will be doing just that. I've just been pottering around my room, watching YouTube make-up tutorials and haven't done much job hunting for the day (yet). When I eventually snap out of it, I'll probably do a little cooking and tidying up and probably a little ironing too. I just don't feel in the mood for much today. Didn't have that great a night's sleep last night either...maybe it's because I couldn't get to sleep thinking about a certain someone/situation for some UKNOWN reason. And I don't mean my mother either...I really don't understand why.

LEO

Maybe it's because we exchanged friendly, catch up emails before Christmas about where we are with our lives, careers etc and then when, at the start of the New Year, I replied to the conversation thread (on good old FACEBOOK...grr) he deletes his account and disappears off the radar. Nice (one) I'm not saying that's the reason, but I guess it has been playing on my mind to some extent...

(Edit) And now, as I type this, I've got some random off the street person in the place where I live (I won't call it home), changing my more-than-capable father's DIRTY bed linen (while he sits and watches and plays helpless). Nice. (two)

I apologise if this is too much information www, I just had to get it off my chest.

But hey-ho! Everyone has their quiet days right? Oooo! I completely forgot that I had the new Alexander McCall Smith book to read so I will be visiting Mma Ramotswe in Botswana sometime today also! Very much looking forward to that.

Yesterday I had a second attempt at my marshmallow and choc-chip muffins and they came out great! I think the mistake I made on my last attempt was that I had overbaked the muffins, though still in- keeping with the suggested time in the recipe. What I had not considered was that I have a fan oven and sometimes cooking in this type of oven requires less time...So I halved the time and hey presto! Moist, yummy muffins...The reason I have been cooking a lot of sweet treats lately is because I've never been great at preparing desserts or cakes in the past and always would prepare savoury things. However, on realising how easy and cheap cakes and sweet things are to make, I've become hooked. Also, at the bookshop, to raise some money for charity, we are planning to have a 'Cake Day' where one person bakes cakes or some other sweet treat and we have to give a donation before getting our greedy mitts on the goods! If it happens once a week or month, by the end of 2010, not only will be have raised some good money for charity but I'll also be the size of a small horse...all for charity's sake!

So I'm feeling considerably better now at the end of this post than I did at the beginning and I'm going to go to a few job searches and apps (ignoring the banging around going on in the next room) and then start seasoning and marinating my chicken wings for the roasting they're going to have this afternoon!

Till next entry,

Stay on the RIGHT side of the law (and off Solicitors from Hell !)

CBC

xx

2 comments:

AW said...

*Hugs CBC Hugs*

Now stop with the Leo-stuff... hes not good for you!

xx

The Curious Black Cat said...

AW, don't worry. I'm not going THERE again. My mind is a dirty b*stard sometimes...it's very good at remembering things in vivid detail, making me remember things I don't want to!

xx