Sunday 7 February 2010

'The Catcher and the Fly'...

...I can scarcely keep my mouth closed and my eyes open (my mouth being the catcher and the rest is self explanatory...no?) Thus forgive the inevitable drivel which may emerge from this post www. I wanted to post to acknowledge the death of JD Salinger over a week ago. His most famous work, 'The Catcher in the Rye' is not something I have read or at least I can't remember reading it but working in a bookshop, it is a book I am asked about so often, it feels wrong not to know the story. I am also very interested in reading and catching up with some of the classics I was NOT forced to read at school so I may just read it when I have dented my 'To Read' pile at home....

That said, referring to an earlier post I made about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, (no stone is left unturned here) I have finally read the book, enjoying it thoroughly! I have laughed out loud on the London Underground at parts of the story (mostly the zombie invasion and sexual innuendo) though I'm not sure what Austen would have made of this adaptation! I bought the deluxe heirloom edition (and feel rather posh for doing so dahlingss) complete with paintings of vital scenes in the story. Nice!

So whilst the catcher is getting through those flies, I had better hit the hay, make hay while the sun shines, to be honest, it's not you it's me (to use as many cliches and overused phrases as I can in my tired state)

Good night!

CBC

xx

No comments: