Wednesday 7 May 2008

"The moronisisation of TV is complete"

I love LBC! I heard this line on LBC last night. The presenter whose name I can't quite remember...Clive Bull? Iain Lee? used the phrase to describe the changing face of television. He was remarking on the fact that in the past, British Television and newsreaders, relied on one man (or woman) sitting down delivering a piece to camera. Now he says the frantic hand gestures and funky camera angles are used to correspond with our alleged shortening attention spans and growing stupidity. He reckons that we are being taken to be morons...hence the phrase ..."the moronisisation of TV is now complete..." Love it!

I find it pretty funny that being a potential lawyer...well I like to think so anyway... that I rarely post about my legal adventures at law school. I guess I've been slightly inspired by the fictional "Baby Barista" account of a trainee barrister on Times Online. I also saw how many legal brains also published blogs and got thinking...hey, why don't I also talk more about my legal life? Can't say I'm satisfied with my recent set of law school examinations...nonetheless, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

I feel I should apologise for my last post. I was in a different place. You know...reminiscing is sometimes a good thing but I think I did that a little too much that day and so brought a whole lot of my feelings for Leo back. Then today whilst sitting on the train on the way back from law school, Ipod in my ears, it got me thinking...obviously I just need to get a grip on the situation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise when someone wants nothing to do with you regardless of what you've done (or not done). Not everyone will like you and you just have to get on with it. This folks, I will have to accept in relation to this boy. Besides...this really won't do in my quest to become a successful lawyer.

Anyway, I am saddened by this Chelsea shooting story regarding the barrister involved in the shootout yesterday. Just reinforced the sheer stress faced by young bright people in the legal profession and was slightly unnerving. Surely everyone will deal with their problems in a different way but it is really really sad that a young professional like this man succumbed to the pressures of life at the top...This quote sums it up really,

“I think a lot of people working in the law will see this as another
barrister who has cracked under the pressure.”

Makes one think twice really...what am I getting myself into?!

CBC

xx

[You can read the article online at :http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1934958/Chelsea-shooting-Barrister]

No comments: