Monday 5 May 2008

'Semaine, Sans Toi' (et vingt-quatre plus)

lolcats funny cat pictures

(http://lolcats.com/view/9043/)

What a lovely morn. I'm hungry...Instead of working I'm watching reruns of Friends and Will and Grace. Noughty Noughty...as in NIL work done! Grrr.

Just to post a poem or three I like really. I'm working on a few at the moment and I know I'm amateurish compared to many but we all have to start somewhere right? My time is not today...LOL...well let's see.

One poem I quite like today is

'How Could I Have Doubted' by Leonard Cohen

I stopped looking for you
I stopped waiting for you
I stopped dying for you
and I started dying for myself
I aged rapidly
I became fat in the face
and soft in the gut
and forgot that I'd ever loved you
I was old
I had no focus, no mission
I wandered around eating and buying
bigger and bigger clothes
and forgot why I hated
every long moment that was mine to fill
Why did you even come back to me tonight
I can't even get off this chair
Tears run down my cheeks
I am in love again
I can live like this

Wow! Powerful imagery. I love Leonard Cohen's poetry (I have a book, well a compliation of his poetry that I had bought to give to Leo at Christmas Time but incidentally, decided to keep! Heh.) I like it when you read a poem that makes you feel and taste and smell the things being
described. Escapism. Precisely why I love Harry Potter so much. Well I'm being brave and posting a poem I literally came up with on the spot so let's see how this one goes...

'Cubicle' by CBC

Is it ironic that,
the one place that I feel safe
away from your knowing blue eyes
childlike giggles,
and your voice,
that voice-
is not mine to claim?

Locking the door,
taking a seat and
placing my bag on the grey tiled floor

(flitted with flecks of white, glass perhaps; I imagine them to be diamonds on a good day.
Which is rare.)

I exhale noisily.
I know that I must be quick. Just a minute
Or two, to reorganise thoughts scrambled, until

I have to leave that cubicle,
my temporary refuge,
awaiting its next tenant
but only for a moment, maybe.

I'm open to suggestions on that one! I made it up on the spot and I'm a bit nervous as it's the first one I've put on here. Hopefully lots more to come. I'm a beginner so be gentle :)

May just toddle off now as I was hungry in the beginnning and still am so will be sure to post soon!

CBC

xx

P.s. I've edited this post...so no legal proceedings can be brought against me in the future when this blog hits the tabloids. One can dream...

No comments: