Thursday 26 June 2008

Business Accounts...again

So I am NYC in Business Accounts and so have to do the exam again this Saturday! Getting to grips with the format and I'm slightly reluctant to say that I am enjoying it...bar Company Accounts. That ruddy Analysis of Reserves 'calculation' is driving me slightly loopy but I'll get there, eventually.

I thought it would be a good idea to pop into law school to revise today (which is where I am now) and it's deadly quiet except for the occasional BVC student popping in for their results. I unfortunately have a banging headache and just can't concentrate for very long. See how much longer I last here today.

Elective exams are finally over. I am a bit worried about Private Client law to be very honest, partly because of the life interest trust created by will and the taxation of that estate in that exam. I suspect that I may have gotten my trusts a bit muddled up but I shall not dwell.

Didn't post before but managed to get myself a week's work experience with a Legal Magazine in London which I am very excited about. This may be my bit on the side if and when I qualify; Legal Journalism. I just can't get enough of writing, albeit the fact that I may not be particularly good at it or that anyone reads my writing! But anyway, I am really really excited and may need to buy myself a new pair of trousers and a new blouse for next week (any excuse to go shopping of course!)

Well now that I am finished with the SGS prep and so on, I can get cracking with my applications for training contracts seeing as I don't have one yet. I have seen a few firms which I am really interested in so it's just a matter of sitting down and getting on with the applications now. That and getting a part time job. How hard is it to get a job folding and selling clothes and shoes...I'm training to become a solicitor for goodness sake!

My motto is nothing before it's time and that everything happens for a reason so who knows what the coming months will bring...

Till next post

CBC

xx

No comments: