Thursday 30 April 2009

Oculolinctus: don't try this at home law-folk!

As I sit here in front of my laptop, shivering in my 'pyjamas', reading ' Foyles Further Philavery' for new words, I come across a few cracking words:

Oculolinctus - sexual arousal from licking one's partner's eyeball
I would advise any adventurous readers not to try this at home! I love the fact that there is actually a word for this, one of the strangest sexual practices I have ever heard of. (Not that I profess to know all there is to know about the frankly 'dodgy' sides of sex) Maybe this is some kind of upper class practice(?) It reeks of 'poshness'.

Eyes open or closed tonight dear?

Oggie/ Oggy - a slang term used in Cornwall for a pasty
As soon as I came across this word, that famous football chant came to mind. I really don't care much for football(sorry I'm more a cricket fan personally) and thus do not know what it means so I apologise in advance if it's offensive. So now "Oggy Oggy Oggy. Oye Oye Oye" becomes "Pasty Pasty Pasty, Oye Oye Oye" the chant of the hungry...

Moronolexicophobia - a fear of daft dictionaries
Like Collins'?

Hen-hussy - a man who meddles with women's affairs
I don't think I need comment on this one

Anemophobia - the fear of wind or drafts
Most of my journey's on public transport are filled with anemophobic moments. Confined spaces like the underground at the height of 'rush hour' in particular are what I'm referring to.

What an educational morning spent perusing FP, www. I'm off to continue skipping amongst the daisies and tarting up my CV...

Toodle pip

CBC

xx

3 comments:

lawminx said...

Hiya CBC,

As a nurse I once met a guy who shot heroin into his eyeballs - does that count?!

Pay no further heed to your cv for the day-come and have a couple of virtual interweb mouthfuls of pudding wine and chocolate with the pupillage applicants hanging about in the Ether ( tomorrow the stargate deadline, dont ya know!) Just think of it - as instructing solicitor, your own tailor made stable of ( putative)counsel without having to lift a finger!!!

AW said...

I love learning something new everyday... and this post was indeed insightful.

Although I must say learning about the eyeball practice was... slightly alarming, to say the very least.

"Hen-hussy" - the term I've been searching for quite some time - unfortunately I have the terrible misfortune of knowing a couple of such creatures...

Wishing you well CBC,

AW

The Curious Black Cat said...

Law minx: HAHA, I think that does count indeed. Though shooting heroin into one's eyeballs?! Youch. I was there in virtual spirit, supping tea and cake with the pupillage students...does that suffice?

I was also very excited at this prospect of the 'stable' of counsel as you so eloquently put it! Applications completed?

AW: Dear AW, I trust you are well? I love as you probably well know, the weirder and more wonderful things in life(well learning about them anyway). I will however draw the line at having my eyeballs licked.

I think we all know a 'hen-hussy' or two!

xx