Wednesday 12 August 2009

Homesick

I'm missing the Caribbean sunshine and my family.

*sigh*

One day CBC shall return!!

xx


**EDIT**

I haven't posted as much as I'd have liked recently because I'm feeling increasingly homesick. Missing St. Lucia and the way and pace of life over there. In short, I need a SODDING holiday!!

I hate wallowing and feeling sorry for myself. (I do annoyingly have the occasional lapse) Maybe this is my problem...not wanting to talk about my problems. My REAL problems and feelings. This is MY coping mechanism. It's not shutting anyone out. It's just that in my opinion, my problems are just that; my own and no one else's. There are times where I'll moan to my nearest and dearest, (or even on this blog) seeking reassurance and comfort. The majority of the time, I put on a 'brave face' and get on with it.

Am I unique? No. Everyone has their problems and different means of dealing with them which I respect.

I am not afraid or too proud to ask for help or to admit when I'm feeling a little down but I'll make no apologies for occasionally keeping 'schtum'.

It's no secret that I've been trying for some time to secure a legal job for some time with little success. It's no secret that I'm not particularly thrilled at this fact and that it gets me down from time to time. But it's something I have worked very hard for thus far and am not about to give it up. Obviously, I AM being realistic. I knew it was never going to be easy and that I was never going to jump straight into a £100k a year trainee role out of uni. BUT, I know MY capabilities and strengths and am tailoring my applications to suit.

I am just slightly frustrated (understatement of the year) at the whole process which I know a lot of graduates and prospective lawyers are also feeling...

The big question is whether it really WILL be worth the hassle in the end...

3 comments:

AW said...

I need a holiday too... would love to go somewhere beautiful. Maybe one day when I can afford it me and you could go to St Lucia for a month of bliss?!

I hate wallowing too and doing so while sitting exams is NOT good... its self-destructive, if anything. BUT at the same time I think everyone needs to wallow for a bit... and everyone has a different way of dealing with their problems. You keep things to yourself, I announce most of mine on my blog (which is not a great idea, I know). I love that you're so brave... you actually ARE a brave person and of the strongest characters persons I know.

Paralegal and TC hunting will be worth it... because you'll get what you have wanted. You said it yourself. You are CAPABLE. I have no doubt that you will be awesome.

Huggles,

AW

The Curious Black Cat said...

Let's have a girlie holiday away from the books!! Even if it's a day of shopping and sightseeing AND lots of EATING! :P

I'll never judge anyone for the way in which they deal with their problems...we're all different and it's what makes the world go round! I like that your blog is your outlet and I wish I could be THAT brave!

You are holding it together and are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

BEAR SIZED HUGS being sent your way!!

AW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.