Thursday 13 August 2009

I don't BELIEVE it...

...'Victor Meldrew' style. A MILLIONAIRE MP, Alan Duncan has the cheek to complain that he feels that MPs are "treated like shit" and are "forced to live on rations". At a time of financial hardship for a lot of people, this is hardly an appropriate comment to be making. Is it?

If he feels that his wealth isn't up to par (or his job not fulfilling its expectations), he is more than welcome to send some of it my way to pay off some of my tens of thousands of pounds of student debt. Not all of us have rich mummies and daddies or parents who care enough about their education to provide for us.

Cheeky so and so.

I don't believe it!

CBC

xx

p.s. AND exhale...

(Read the story here)

2 comments:

Minx said...

My Dear Kitty,

You are far FAR too polite in your statement with regard to this wretched WRETCHED individual.

I do believe his comments were made sipping champagne on the river side terrace of the house of parliament FACING St Thomas'es Hospital, where as a midwife I dealt daily with a stream of pregnant women with all manner of social and financial problems.

If his job is so wretched, so utterly APPALLING, he should walk a mile in our shoes, the shoes of a poor student and a poor midwife.

That'll learn the b*st*rd.

Sack/deselect him this MINUTE.

The Curious Black Cat said...

Minx,

I was lost for words and couldn't quite express my frustration without it descending into profanities...

Off with his shoes!! (and on with ours...)

That'll learn him indeed!