Monday 3 August 2009

Catching the 'Golden Snitch' that is pupillage...

After reading Minx's post on her pupillage application woes, I have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth. How does a woman as qualified in many ways as this not have pupillage? It gives me the beginnings of an inferiority complex about my own application situation. I know only too well how competitive the profession is, even more so in the case of BVC students seeking pupillage. Though, I too went to the wrong university, didn't get the best A-Level grades and don't have a fraction of the experience or qualifications as Minx...

I think the recruiters need to pull their socks up Minx!

CBC

xx

p.s. It seems only wizardry to Potter standard can capture that Snitch!

2 comments:

Minx said...

My Dear Kitty,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I dont believe I have ever come across a profession that demands so much of its aspirants both personally and academically, to the point where those demands are not only surreal, but truly farcical. I do believe that it wont be too long before the accepted standard qualification will be Professor of Law, or something ludicrous like that - with every chance of rejection persisting on the grounds that one might be too THICK!!!!

Honestly, in any other job ALL of us - LPC AND BVC - would be welcomed as motivated self starters, and applauded for our all round efforts. Ludicrous, aint it?

You're quite right! The recruiters DO need to pull their socks up - they DON'T deserve us!!! :)

The Curious Black Cat said...

Minx, do not mention it. I can't bring myself to words so I'll just say "Bah!"