Thursday 20 August 2009

New Moon

I felt that I needed to comment on the Twilight Saga, which is currently taking the world by storm. Teenagers and adults alike flock to the bookshop daily carrying armfuls of the stuff, manic grins on their faces. I must admit that I too enjoyed the first instalment, Twilight, and read it in one sitting (give or take a few pages). However, on reading New Moon, which I still haven't read COMPLETELY, I was left feeling disappointed and uninspired. BUT, I do quite like Jacob.

The Twilight film, I did not enjoy. I didn't feel it lived up to the book. It may have been because when reading the book, I was able to imagine things that were not quite portrayed in the film. It may have also been because I watched it with my niece so wasn't really paying attention to it. The New Moon trailer though, looks AMAZING. So I will be watching that and hopefully it will inspire me to read the rest of the books...

CBC


p.s.You can watch the trailer below...if you desire. Keep an eye out for hunky Jacob!


The Twilight Saga - New Moon
The Twilight Saga - New Moon

p.p.s. I'm 23! *groan*

3 comments:

Samantha said...

See when I read it last year (when it was blissfully unpopular in the UK) I loved it, I remember me and my friends having a "Breaking Dawn" sleepover and getting to the shop as it opened! But now it almost makes me vomit a little with the amount of people reading it and just the sheer over reacting of it. Beautiful Creatures is SO much better!!! I shall have to give it to you!

PS. I like Jacob too :)

Minx said...

My dear Kitty,

Having read the entire Twilight Saga ( generally well written but a bit too unsatisfactorily cheesy for me - can you tell that I'm not a teenager anymore?! If I were 15 and reading those books, I am quite sure it would have been a positively knicker dampening experience!!) and then watched the first film, I confess, was a bit crap - as if the director tried to play on the emotional repression of, and sexual tension between, the principal characters, but couldnt quite pull it off.
That said, I'll probably go to see ' New Moon' ( voluntarily, rather than being dragged to the local cinema by hoardes of pubescent cousins, or worse yet, a number of Mostly Blonde Charges)) because the Trailer does look fun.
And actor playing Jacob - now XXXXXXelently beefed up- does look a bit,well, TASTY( pardon the pun).......

The Curious Black Cat said...

A Breaking Dawn sleepover? Wow...that's a whole new level Sam! Does beautiful creatures have vampires in it?

Minx,

I think it rather telling that I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I'm sure I would have at 15...I'm getting older :S

You had me laughing out loud with that 'knicker dampening' comment! Yes, I think I actually will watch New Moon withoutbeing influenced by all the crazy hype that Twilight generated!

AND Jacob...*trails off daydreaming*