Thursday 21 May 2009

The black pepper in my soup

Hello there www. As I sit supping a mug of 'cuppa soup' laced with black pepper, (I use this analogy to replace the cliched, "Cherry on the top" or "Butter on my bread") I'm feeling all 'philosophical' again. This post however, will not necessarily be of a philosophical nature ...

Today I ventured out to pay some bills and get some exam supplies (highlighters and tabs; a law student's essentials!) and ended up spending more than I had intended. Do I really need another dress? I bought ANOTHER dress today. Now all I need, apart from a training contract, house, husband (+ 2.456 children sans ASBOs) and debt free life is somewhere to wear this new dress. Hmph.


I am being naughty yet again and will have to apologise to Salem* but I am going to have to miss going out for pizza and frolics in favour of studying. I have not got a lot of materials to study from for Professional Conduct BUT that said, it really is a touch and go thing. I could either understand why I can't give legal advice to Mr X because of the REALLY OBVIOUS conflict of interests or confidentiality issue OR I'll miss the point completely and go off on a tangent talking about the FSA and Scope rules. SO, I really need to stop procrastinating and get studying!


* Salem Salem Salem. *sigh*. Salem is a lovely chappie with whom I worked (temporarily) in the bookshop over Xmas 08. He is...an enigma in the truest sense of the word. Hmm.


On a side note, Mr Literary who I have not seen since 'lip gate', has bought a new shirt. A floral shirt. He has professed his 'love' for his shirt on Facebook.


Now for some Japanese tea and late- night revision...


CBC


xx


p.s. I love parentheses...as much as I love the word itself.

No comments: