Tuesday 26 May 2009

Escaping from the Code (of Conduct)...

...for a few minutes to read from my book of legal quotations, entitled 'The Law is a Ass' by Ronald Irving, I will leave you, dear www, with the following:

"The good lawyer is not the man who has an eye to every side and angle of contingency, and qualifies all his qualifications, but who throws himself on your part so heartily, that he can get you out of a scrape."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82),
The Conduct of Life (1860)

Well that made me blush a little folks...

CBC

xx

Edit: Thanks to Charon QC for the mention!

7 comments:

Michael said...

CBC: You're a dirty-minded one! :p

Minx said...

CBC - you have the STUFF of an Excellent Lawyer! You see the hidden/alternative meaning behind EVERYTHING!!!

The Curious Black Cat said...

Michael, Minx, my dear legal fellows, I cannot comment further except to hang my head in shame and stifle a laugh...

AW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AW said...

I saw the comments and hen realised I just don't get it... or at least I fail to understand the quote from whatever angle you guys are looking at it...

AW said...

"hen" was supposed to be *then... I'm tired...

Android said...

AW, I think they may be laughing about the 'throwing' part!