Thursday 14 May 2009

Chain Emails

Today, I received a chain email about Baby Herbal Soup supposedly eaten in Canton, made from aborted foetuses and chicken. The email contained several large photographs of a 'baby' being prepared for this soup. I apologise for the gruesome nature of this post. I will NOT be posting these images or links to the images on this blog (view them at your own risk) *spits* However, the 'rationale' behind the preparation of this soup is that it allegedly improves 'health and sexual performance'. *spits*

Now I do not deny that somewhat 'strange' practices exist around the world; it's what makes the world go round. BUT, I refuse to circulate these emails with the message that, if you like eating Oriental food be careful as it may contain human meat. How offensive. Slander? Hmm. I don't buy it.

Maybe I'm a party pooper, but I've never really been into the whole 'chain email' phenomena. I've always been a sceptic...just as I am of this story. I am also glad that Ethical Martini has set the record straight or submitted the possibility that this might be a hoax. Not.That.Gullible...NEXT!

CBC

xx

p.s. Apologies for the spitting. And be careful of clicking on the links (particularly CharonBoat) in Ethical Martini's report; you just don't know what will pop up. You have been warned!

4 comments:

Minx said...

EWWW - hoax or no, still EWWW.

Capri said...

You can look this up on truthorfiction, snopes, and breakthechain, and yes, it's a hoax, a tasteless one at that. Type in a"aborted foetus" in any of those sites' search boxes, and you'll find an article debunking this crud.

The Curious Black Cat said...

Law Minx, the shockingly disgusting though, is rather interesting!

Thanks Capri, I've consulted two of three of the sites you have posted and they do appear to dismiss this as twaddle.

Shame the person who forwarded this to me was not so inquisitive and seemed to take this at face value...

Michael said...

I've always been a party pooper in respect of chain emails also. Even when forwarding them on was the 'thing' to do, back in the late 1990s, I made a point of not. Maybe I'm just too damn contrary for my own good, but I hate chain emails - of the spam variety or otherwise!